The “baby” is no longer a baby; he’s officially a toddler now! Peter, we wouldn’t change you for the world, and we couldn’t imagine our family without you! Daddy and I are so incredibly thankful that God heard our prayers for just one more.
- He’s weighing 30 lbs
- Measuring 35 inches (no growth spurt in the past month-we had hoped he’d shoot up a few inches)
- Most of the details from last month are still the same
- The rest of his two year molars are in
- Had his first dentist visit and HATED IT! Screamed the entire time and refused to let anyone look in his mouth
- Just in the last few days is words have EXPLODED…so many, it’s crazy!
- If Daddy’s around he wants NOTHING to do with Mommy…he wouldn’t even take a nap for me the other day, because Daddy was home and hadn’t put him to bed.
From now on I’ll only be posting about him every 6 months, until he’s 5.
Peter ended up having his well-child visit a month before schedule, due to a lovely rash he’s developed on the back of his one thigh (nothing serious). He’s the picture of two year old health!
- Weighing 29.5 lbs (he wouldn’t stand on the scale, so they had to weigh me and him together and then me separate…lovely moment, and I’m not sure how accurate it is…I think he’s pretty close to that though)
- Standing 34 3/4″ tall (so far he’s going to be the shortest of my boys..estimated 5’10”)
- Wearing a 2T in most things…starting to wear some 3T, but not much
- Wears a 7/8 in shoes
- One of his two year molars is finally through…these things have been a beast
- Getting to be a bit of a sassy-pants with his “Nos”
- Loves being outside…he stands at the door and just repeats “Out, go out”
- Loves splashing around in the water, whether it’s a puddle, tub, or bath
- Starting to use the regular swings like a big boy
- Isn’t happy if he’s not running with the big kids. They’ll run races in the backyard and he’s trying his darndest to keep up
- His new trick is pushing the ride on (pedal powered) John Deere tractor. He’ll push it to the top of the hill and then ride it down, laughing hysterically the whole way. He’s gotten thrown off a few times, but just scowls and then gets back on.
We’re closer to two than one!
Christmas was so much fun with him this year….he was very much into all that was going on: Overwhelmed, yes, but loving it.
- Weighing in at 28lbs, length 34″
- Still solidly in 18/24 month clothes
- His face is getting longer and thinner, losing that baby look
- He’s becoming very intent when working on things (you can see a video of him with a gear on instagram)
- Kind of going wonky with his naps…sometimes it’s a morning nap, sometimes afternoon, sometimes both…the days are numbered for both
- Loves being snuggled and gets himself into the coziest places
- He handled his first stomach bug like a champ! He, unfortunately, had it longer than anyone else too.
- He’s still working on a couple of teeth…his gums are red, but nothing threw yet.