- The Bear and The Nightingale by Katherine Arden F
- The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden F
- The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden F
- We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter F
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert F
- Love, Lies, and Spies by Cindy Anstey F
- Paris Letters by Janice MacLeod NF
- Trust Redefined by Rachel Williams NF
- Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk YA F
FAVORITE FICTION BOOK
Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk was my favorite. I had to read if the my Literature for Children course for grad school, but it had all of the aspects of a book that I love.
Here’s the project I had to do for Wolf Hollow:
FAVORITE Non-FICTION BOOK
Trust Redefined by Rachel Williams….you can read my entire review of it HERE.
City of Girls…hated it! HATED! IT! I really wanted to like it. I’ve loved Gilbert’s other works, but this one was so meh. Here’s the review I left on GoodReads…
Page 330…that’s when it finally became something more than a 1 dimensional list of shallowness, hedonism, and debauchery….and I am no prude!https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42135029-city-of-girls
The entire story dragged on with very little growth or development, or really any plot. Even after it actually had some gumption it was still so random and hodge-podge.
I had really hoped to love this book, and except for a few quotes and lines, the entire thing left me flat and disappointed.
Some reviews likened it to the Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo…not by a long shot, not for me. Loved 7HEH…this was a poor imitation.
What have you been reading? What is your favorite book of 2019?
*The above links are affiliate links, which means I get a small percentage of your purchase, at no additional cost to you. You can find my disclosure policy here.