I’ve had a problem this summer…I’ve had a run on library books. There were a handful that sounded good at the beginning of the summer, and it’s just snowballed from there. At one point I think I had over 10 books checked out. Of course, spending much of May and June convalescing certainly helped my ability to read through so many books.
- Rules of Civility by Amor Towles – F
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis – NF
- The Night Tiger by Yangsze Choo – F
- The Last Year of the War by Susan Meissner – F
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid – F
- The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers – F
- Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon – F
- Placemaker by Christie Purifoy – NF
- The Middle Matters by Lisa-Jo Baker – NF
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead – F A
- Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan – NF A
- The Broken Way by Ann Voskamp – NF A
- The Gown by Jennifer Robson – F
FAVORITE FICTION BOOK
I really enjoyed The Gown by Jennifer Robson. The story was interesting and well written.
FAVORITE Non-FICTION BOOK
The Middle Matters by Lisa-Jo Baker…hands down.
Least Favorite Book
The Broken Way….and not that it was bad. I have had this book on my shelf for years and forced myself through it. It didn’t grab me the way One Thousand Gifts did. I ended up tag teaming the hardcopy with the audio just to get through it.
Don’t get me wrong, there were some beautifully worded pieces and sections that hit me…but it was a struggle.
What have you been reading?
(I’ve notated books I’ve read for my book club * and F for Fiction, NF for Non-Fiction, and A if it was an Audiobook).
*This post contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here.