- The Wondering Years by Knox McCoy NF
- The Magician’s Assistant by Ann Patchet F
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver F
- The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory F
- The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin F
- One Day in December by Josie Silver F
- The Ministry of Ordinary Places by Shannan Martin NF
- Finding Dorothy by Elizabeth Letts F
- The Secret of the Irish Castle by Santa Monte Fiore F
- The Baker’s Secret by Stephen P. Kiernan F
- To Capture What We Cannot Keep by Beatrice Colin F
FAVORITE FICTION BOOK
There were so many good fiction books these past few months: More than once I was scribbling quotes down or taking pictures of whole pages of text. Toward the end I was on a France kick…I don’t even know why.
One Day in December was definitely my fluff-favorite…it was just fun, but at the same time very relatable. It was also another of Reese’s Book Club suggestions.
The Baker’s Secret was hands-down my absolute favorite. This one had been on my TBR list for years and with being on bed-rest I requested it from the library.
It was so well written. So much of the truth and hard beauty of WW2 and humanity. The writing was well done, the characters were developed and well thought out. Just all around a REALLY good book.
FAVORITE NON-FICTION BOOK
The Wondering Years and The Ministry of Ordinary Places were two wildly different books. Both were very good for what they are. (I reviewed both of them over the past few months, links are right above).
Honestly, neither of them achieved favorite status, but between the two, The Wondering Years was the more enjoyable read. It just appealed to my interest in pop culture.
THE BOOK I DIDN’T LIKE
The Poisonwood Bible. It was a struggle and I so wanted to like it. A friend had suggested it and I always feel bad when I don’t like a book that someone else thought I would.
It was just too long and too wordy. It had really good bits, but there was so much that I ended up just skimming over, because it just was not worth the effort to read and decipher what was going on.
What have you been reading?
(I’ve notated books I’ve read for my book club * and F for Fiction, NF for Non-Fiction, and A if it was an Audiobook).
*This post contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here.