My oldest baby just turned 7…that’s just way too close to 10, and then 20. 🙁
If you’re new here let me give you the rundown. Every big birthday (or month for Peter) I’ve written a post about the the birthday girl or boy. I never did baby books for the kids, but this has been my way of documenting what and who they are. Feel completely free to skip right over these posts if they’re not your cup of tea.
Ave has been asking for a kids party for a couple of years, but honestly the whole idea of it was not something I was up to. Every day of my life is a kids party. We decided that 7 was the perfect age to have your first kids’ party, and it was! It was such a fantastic day for her. She was so excited to have her friends over, to have time with them to play, and the presents were just the icing on the cake!
The guest list will give you a bit of an idea how varied this girl is; none of the 4 little girls who came knew each other. Avie had our neighbor, a friend from playgroup, and the daughters of two of my oldest friends. They all had so much fun playing together (we even had 2 little sisters join us). It was so fantastic to see 4 girls playing together nicely without any nastiness or drama.
My parents came over on Sunday to do her birthday (we didn’t do any family party this year…my ILs are in Hawaii and it was just easier). On Tuesday Daddy popped in before unloading trucks in the evening and she got her big birthday present, the Barbie Glam Getaway House. My goodness! She was thrilled to no end!
On to Avelyn!
- Measuring 50″ tall and weigh 53lbs
- Wears a size 1/2 in shoes and an 8 in clothes
- Still very particular about her things, especially projects she’s working on
- Loves music and is constantly swiping my phone to listen to Ellie Holcomb (she even got her own headphones for her birthday)
- Still not reading. She definitely understands and knows how but is really just not interested in gaining any sort of fluency with it.
In her own words:
1. What is your favorite color? Purple and Indigo
2. What is your favorite toy? Barbies
3. Favorite thing to play? Barbies
4. What is your favorite fruit? Barbie…hahaha…bananas
5. What is your favorite TV show? Documentaries
6. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Turkey sandwiches, with a slight hint of avocado, a teensie bit of mayo, a slice of turkey, on rye bread.
7. What is your favorite outfit? Play clothes that are dressy an comfy
8. What is your favorite computer game? I don’t really have a favorite computer game, but I like playing on Barbie website
9. What is your favorite game? Barbie
10. What is your favorite snack? Oranges and apples
11. What is your favorite animal? All of them
12. What is your favorite song? Ellie Holcomb
13. What is your favorite book? I don’t really have a favorite
14. Who is your best friend? I have quite a few: Esther, Kahrin, Teagan, Meghan, Reagan, Claire C, Clare my cousin, Natalie, Madison, Ellie, and Lilly
15. What is your favorite cereal? Fruit cereak
16. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Run around
17. What is your favorite drink? Pink Lemonade
18. What is your favorite holiday? The holiday we’re in today, and yesterday (her birthday and Halloween)
19. What is your favorite vacation we’ve taken? Uncle B’s and North Carolina, because we were on the beach for a week (which was in 2015).
20. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? George
21. What is your favorite breakfast? Eggs and Bacon
22. What do you want for your dinner birthday? Pigs in a blanket and squash soup
23. What do you want to be when you grow up? A Mommy with 10 million jobs like you.